Each registered harp student receives one enrichment class included with their tuition.
- Arranging: The harp arranging class (only for students Book 2 and above) is a class for students wishing to learn how to arrange their own pieces to play on the harp. Come and gain the skills you need to turn your favorite song into your own unique show piece!
- Arts & Crafts: Come join us for exciting art & craft workshops for harpists of all ages. Classes will be divided into age groups so you can have a great time with your friends. It is recommended that parents not attend.
- Kindermusik: Kindermusik (only for students up to 7 years old) integrates singing, playing instruments, movement, games and imaginative play to teach children the fundamentals of Music. Children learn pulse, rhythm, pitch, dynamics, and eventually note reading through age appropriate activities. Kindermusik is divided into different age groups ranging from 0-7 years.
- Syncopation Fun & Drums: Syncopation fun and drums will help students learn to play multiple rhythms and instruments in time with others all at once! Through the use of pitched (marimba, xylophone, etc.) and un-pitched percussion instruments (bongos, tambourine, drums, etc...) we will create rhythms and melodies to help train the students how to tackle their own parts while understanding and relating to the rhythms being played by others. There will be plenty of instruments for everyone and a good supply of fun!
- Ukulele: Come and explore a new instrument in the ukulele class! This fun and accessible instrument is a favorite for many students. (You will need to provide your own ukulele, or you may purchase one from the institute for $40 with your registration.)
Additional Enrichment Classes: Registered students may enroll in 1-2 additional enrichment classes on a space available basis (additional fee per extra enrichment class).
Sibling Enrichment Classes: Non-Suzuki siblings can enroll in a maximum of three enrichment classes on a space available basis. You will be prompted to enter this information on the online registration form. (If you are submitting a paper form via mail, please fill out a separate student registration form, pay the family registration fee, indicate “sibling” on the line that says “current Suzuki book and working piece,” and number the enrichment choices in order of preference.